The Kentucky State Council of ESA was started in 1953. Martha Rose Underwood of Alpha Alpha Chapter, Louisville was the Kentucky State Council’s first State president from 1953-1955. Her theme was “New Horizons”.
The purpose of the Kentucky state Council is:
• To become better acquainted with members through the state meetings.
• To promote closer relations and fuller cooperation between local chapters, state officers, Southeastern
Regional Council, International Council and ESA Headquarters.
• To assist one another in all problems and promote a common purpose within the organization.
• To establish interest in Epsilon Sigma Alpha and establish new chapters throughout the state.
The following were charter chapters of the Kentucky State Council:
• Alpha Alpha #173, Louisville, KY
• Alpha Gamma #1681, Louisville, KY
• Alpha Kappa #1841, Lexington, KY
• Alpha Theta #662, Bowling Green, KY
• Alpha Epsilon #1565, Paducah, KY
• Alpha Xi #1804, Mt. Sterling, KY
• Alpha Delta #1138, Hopkinsville, KY
• Alpha Zeta #1814, Frankfort, KY
The Kentucky State Council meets two (2) times per year. The annual State Convention is held in the spring and Fall Board / Leadership is held in the fall.